Playing under the Orange Tree7:38
Ach du lieber2:31
A Prelude to You4:33
Stories from the Village is telling stories and tales late at night between the light of burning candles, during hands in a friendly game of cards. It is stories from the past and the present. It is pictures, coming and going: The play under an orange tree, the storyteller singing about human despair, the lonesome trumpet playing from the battlefield, and the story about a sacred village by the river of Ganges. Each story has its own universe and as a listener you are trapped in a rare world of curiosity right down to the last note.
- Kasper Tranberg: Trumpet, cornet and flugelhorn
- Per Jørgensen: Trumpet, vocal and darabouka
- Marc Ducret: Electric and acoustic guitar
- Michala Østergaard-Nielsen: Drums and percussion
- Recorded and Mixed February 23 & 24, 2011 by Thomas Vang at The Village Recording, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Mastered by John Fomsgaard at Karma Crew, September 2011.
- Produced by Michala Østergaard-Nielsen Cover
- Design by Mai-Britt Amsler (maibrittamsler.dk)
Marc Ducret plays on F. Vendramini guitars. Thanks to: Per, Marc and Kasper, Thomas Vang, John Fomsgaard, Mai-Britt Amsler, Majken Østergaard-Nielsen, Line Normann, Dansk Musiker Forbund, BoogiePost Recordings and friends and family for love and support. A special thanks to Martin Nilsson.
Dedicated to my father.