Kill the Road4:49
Radio Waits for No One3:59
The Maraca Triplets3:34
Variety Of Loud constantly criss-crosses the borders between control and abandonment, between discipline and intuition, between pulling different elements together and ultimately, having the confidence to let go and see what happens next.
- Samuel Hällkvist – guitars and other stringed instruments
- Pete Drungle – keyboards
- Pat Mastelotto – drums and percussion
- Stefan Pasborg – drums
- Mai Ueda – voice
- Guitars and other stringed instruments engineered and recorded by August Wanngren at We Know Music Studios, Copenhagen.
- Keyboards engineered and recorded by Alex Antonakos at Dark House Studio, Hartford CT., and by Pete Drungle at The Spice Factory, Brooklyn
- Mai voice recorded in Mai bedroom, NYC. Sound Design from Georgia Studios, Chinatown, NYC
- Drums engineered and recorded by Pat, at Pats Worm Hole studio, Dripping Springs, Texas.
- Additional recording, on ‘Body’ and “Maraca”, with Paul DeVilliers in Paul’s basement in Roseland B.C.
- Stefans drums recorded and engineered by John Fomsgaard at Karmacrew Studio, Copenhagen
- Produced by Samuel Hällkvist
- Mixed by August Wanngren
- Mastered by John Fomsgaard
- Cover design by Mads Berg
- All songs written by Samuel Hällkvist
Everyone involved in this project – Pat, Pete, Stefan, Mai, Brian, August, Mads, John, Alex Antonakos, Thomas Olsson, Mats Johansson and Isildurs Bane, Sid Smith, the BoogiePost Recordings crew, Johannes Burström, Katrine Amsler, and of course my daughter My for keeping it loud.
John and Garrison at DW. all the cats from Paiste Cymbals & Sounds, Ben and Vic at Vic Firth, Marco Soccoli and Steve Lobmeier at Evans drum heads. Tim, Steve, and Johnny at Roland.Evan Obrien at Korg. Bill Saragosa, Vince De Franco at Manadala John Stannard at Hammerax, Adam at M-Audio. Jack at Drumagog, and all the wonderful folks at Ableton.